Thursday, February 9, 2012

Q & A with Beautiful Actress Model Beau Dunn


Q. You appeared on CBS’s CSI this past week.   Tell me about your character?
A. My CSI character's name was Joyce Debernardi. She's a beautiful young girl who fell victim to a killer with, of all things, a hair fetish who targets young women. This madman then dresses up his victims in 70’s vintage hairstyles once he kills them. Pretty wild, huh? I loved working on the show!



Q. Who is your hero?

A. My hero has to be my brother, Stevie Dunn. I am extremely close with him, even though we 10 are years apart. He is such a fantastic part of my family and has created an interesting dynamic with my parents and our relationship. He is amazing at sports and has the best humor in the world!  I just love him so much! He is incredibly inspiring.

Q. What made you want to act and model? Do you have any favorite designers?
A. My mom is a model and actress so I grew up going to set with her. Ever since I was little I knew I wanted to follow in my mom's footsteps and begged her to let me enroll in acting class.

For everyday clothes, I am obsessed with A FINE LINE, for basics & tees, Standards & Practices make some amazing jeans that come in fabulous colors. As far as swimwear, I am addicted to SoDeMel because their bikinis are soft and have a perfect fit. When I want to spice it up, I'll throw on some Isabel Marant boots and a Balmain jacket. Jason Wu has been one of my favorite designers for a while now as well.

Q. Can you tell me a few things about yourself no one would ever guess?
A. I'm a huge L.A. King's fan and have season tickets behind the glass! I love Wii bowling and tennis!
We have big tournaments in our house which get pretty intense and competitive! Also, I own underwater headphones and a waterproof IPod that I jam out to while swimming.



Q. Any health, fitness, beauty tips?

A. I swim train with a coach at UCLA 3 to 4 times a week to keep in shape. The swimming is great because I have 2 herniated discs in my back. It keeps the pressure off and offers  great core training. As far as beauty, I am obsessed with Will Kirby beauty products (
www.kirbydermatology.com/skincare.html)   to keep my skin clear and moisturized. His sunscreens are light and his travel pads are great when you’re on the go.

Q. What charity/charities do you support?

A. My family and I support a lot of charities including the Women's Cancer program at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars Sinai. I personally started Cure Lipedema, a charity that increases public awareness, raises funds to promote research and provides information and resources for individuals with lipedema. I was diagnosed with it last year quickly realized there was no cure and no studies going on to find a cure in the U.S. I joined together with Dr. Karen Herbst of U.C.S.D. and we started, alongside the Fat Disorders Research Society, a place where women can get answers and support.

Q. What did you think of Madonna's show on the Super Bowl?
A. I loved it, especially her Givenchy fashions! The floor-length gold cape with the headdress was “to die for” and the hand-studded belt with the black mini dress that she wore during "Vogue" was over the top and absolutely fabulous!

Q. What are your favorite foods and eateries?
A. With lipedema I try to be as healthy as possible but I can't resist good Italian. My favorite restaurants in Los Angeles are Cecconi's, Mercado Di Vetro, La Scala and The Ivy.



Q. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

A. I see myself with a beautiful family and a flourishing entrepreneurial career, which would include a clothing line, a jewelry line and a fragrance line.  I also intend to continue being a working model and actress.

Q. What are your favorite past times and TV shows?
A. My favorite past times are sculpting (
www.BeauDunnArt.com) , painting, baking and party planning. Okay fine, shopping too! I love having my girlfriends over and having arts and crafts or baking nights. My favorite TV shows are New Girl, Revenge, Shameless and you can't forget Angry Boys on HBO (I'm a huge Chris Lilley fan!)

Q. Who are your favorite Oscar Nominees this year?
A. I'm a huge baseball fan and loved Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill in Moneyball. I thought it was such a great story with a deep insight into the business aspect of running a baseball team. One of my favorite movies had to be Bridesmaids and I’m hoping that Melissa McCarthy pulls through and Oscar for Best  Actress in a Supporting Role. The Help was fantastic and Rooney Mara had a powerful role in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Q. Do you believe in astrology? What sign are you?
A. I'm a Gemini, and I do believe in astrology. Gemini's are known to be positive and outwardly expressive which I definitely am. My element is Air, which means I'm an intellectual, thoughtful and great with interaction. I think it's fun to look up horoscopes, especially when they’re right on.

Q. Thanks for the interview Beau. You are so fun and I wish you lots of success on all your endeavors!
A. Thank you as well!  it's been fun talking with you too! Have a great day.

For more information about this stunning actress model please visit www.BeauDunn.com, twitter.com/MissBeauDunn , facebook.com/BeauDunn & whosay.com/beaudunn ....HH(:

No comments:

Post a Comment